Translate

Sunday, June 8, 2014

T Islands

Tuvalu, Turks and Calcos, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Taiwan, Tahiti & French Polynesia

I love islands, don't
get me wrong.
I mean, I live on a really
big one; I've travelled
over water to Tasmania,
from North to South Island
of New Zealand. Dammit,
I've ferried my way to
Phillip and Kangaroo
Islands without panic attack.
And as for Waiheke, well,
maybe living there
was not the smartest move
with a daily commute
to Auckland. In all weathers.
I suppose I'd better say
Great Britain is not so GREAT
although Channel crossings
were not memorable.

So here we are traipsing
islandwards across all the oceans.
Colonised, like my own, are Tahiti,
Tonga, Tuvalu in the Pacific, 
Turks and Calcos about to
disappear, swallowed by
the ocean of peace, 
and Trinidad & Tobago, so
addicted to carnival.
Time to Explore!





No comments:

Post a Comment